I look forward to this time of year! It is usually warm enough to go take a dip in the lake on those hot, humid days, most of our time is spent outdoors, and fresh fruit and veggies abound! My favorite by far are blueberries and they are just now in full swing of their picking season! A local farm grows these delicious drops of goodness in huge quantities and ever June we make our way down there to pick as many as our buckets will hold. Sometimes we make several trips!
Little Man's great-grandma was visiting, so I decided that a trip was in order to the blueberry fields! We went this morning, before the temps reached our breaking point. (Actually the reached Little Man's breaking point about 20 minutes after we arrived!) Although, most of the blueberries Little J picked ended up in his mouth, we succeeded in picking about 14 pounds of blueberries between the 2 1/2 of us! Many trips were made to and from the car, the picnic tables, or under the shade trees! This is the nature of going with a young child as I'm sure any parent can attest! We survived the heat, and tiredness by making a visit to the little building where they sell Thunder Muffins! Yes, I said Thunder Muffins! They are the best blueberry muffins you have ever tasted! Not Kidding! You can even get them in a bowl topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and blueberries sprinkled. It is called the
Cumuloblubus - (my new preference!) Little Man and I loved sitting in the shade eating this delicious brunch! We had a blast making THESE memories!
Cumuloblubus, gotta have it every time!
ReplyDelete