Every parent has had THOSE days! One in which, nothing seems to work out as it has planned. One where the frustrations of parenting hang around our head and bear down on our shoulders. Today was one of THOSE days (or at least mornings)! The inevitable toddler-tantrum phase is upon us here. Don't get me wrong, Little Man is a joy to be around and I love being his mom. But there are those few times in between all the happiness and fun that make me want to really question WHY God allowed me to be a mom.
As I thought long and hard about this after Little Man went down for his nap, I remembered how blessed I am to have such an amazing child to love, teach and guide in this life. These "small" trials in parenting will one day be just that- small trials.
Another correlation I had was how similar our relationship with our children mimics the relationship between us and our Heavenly Father. I wonder how many times He has tried to direct me down the best path and I have been the one kicking and screaming? We see something that we WANT, unaware that God has something enormously better for us if we choose His path. Unfortunately, I have (I'm sure many times) resisted as a child does, the path that God has wanted for me. Thank Him for His grace! This is one of the amazing ways that I can see God from a different perspective. I am truly blessed by that!
No comments:
Post a Comment