Monday, October 12, 2009
So Long TV!
Well many of you know that both J and I made a commitment to try to sell our car and TV to help pay down some debt. Last Friday, we were pleased to see the TV go out the door. It is somewhat funny, because even though we made the commitment, for about a minute I was torn to keep it. I even called and talked to a friend that was in our home while the transaction was taking place (I was on my way home from a flight) to make sure that the couple buing it seemed nice, and our TV would be well cared for. How materialistic we can be! We had canceled our Dish about 3 months earlier and other than when football season started, we didn't really miss it. It was enjoyable to spend more time together as a family and eat a meal while having a conversation instead of being entranced by a show. Now that our plasma is out the door, it has been replaced by a smaller, older TV that we still had in storage and is there to watch a movie every now and then. Overall, I am glad to see the TV go and see our progress continue toward our commitment. So long TV!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Owens!!!! I have a love/ hate relationship with TV. I love it when by myself, but hate it when others & Hud are around it. A good version of Office now & then is great. But how quickly we center our evenings and meals around the TV guide.
ReplyDelete