We were awakened last night to the sound of fire engine sirens and flashing lights. We looked out our bedroom window only to see this radiant orange glow against the darkness of the night. I, being the inquisitive person, immediately threw on a sweatshirt and shoes and dashed out the door to see what the commotion was about. After I rounded our neighbors house I saw that there was a house down the street that was fully engulfed in a raging fire. This home was two-stories and the roof and second story were completely gone. Thank goodness that this home had never been lived in and as far as I knew, no one would be inside. It took about another hour before the fire crews completely extinguished the flames and the house was then down to the foundation. We don't know what started the fire but we are thankful that no one was hurt during the event. I can't help but think about quickly this house went up in flames and it forced me to think about how easily we ourselves can allow situations around us to end up in flames as well if we fail to rely on God's ever-enduring provision for his children. This allowed me to focus on the fact that no matter what, God will be there and lead us if we are willing to follow.
wowsers! that must have been crazy. great photo though!
ReplyDelete